- 14kt gold filled
- Round cubic zirconia snap-in post earrings
Made in Quebec
What does Gold Filled mean?
Gold filled is a layer of gold pressure bonded to a base metal. A great alternative to gold plating because its more durable and more versatile. A great alternative to solid gold as it is much more affordable. A few things to remember;
- Gold filled contains a total of 5% or 1/20 of gold by weight. The layer of gold bonded is 14kt compared to the microscopic layer from gold plating.
- Gold filled jewelry is tarnish and chip resistant, if properly maintained and cleaned.
Although gold filled jewelry is tarnish resistant, here are a few tips to help keep its shine over the years:
- Avoid exposure to chlorine, pools, hot tubs and anything with strong chemicals like perfume, lotions, and makeup.
- Avoid working out or doing any physical activities with your jewelry on
- Regularly clean your jewelry using mild soap. Do not rub, simply pat dry
- Clean your jewelry by wiping it with a soft, moist cloth and mild soap. Finish by assuring the piece is dried well with a polishing cloth.